View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Reaper

re: Enchanting Guide.

Ok minion/ettes, this is my basic guide to enchanting and the best way to get experience to level it.

First of all, back to basics... There are 3 types of runestones;

- Aspect: This determines the colour/rarity of your glyph. In ascending order - Ta, Jejota, Denata, Rekuta, Kuta.

- Essence: This is your base rune, it will determine the main effect of your glyph. Eg, Deteri = Armor.

- Potency: There are 2 types of potency runes. An additive and subtractive. Which type you choose will determine which type of glyph you make. For example, if you use a Deteri Essence rune with an additive rune, you will gain armor (Armor enchant). If you a Deteri Essence rune with a subtractive rune, you will strip armor from enemies (Weapon enchant).

Now the fun part, leveling enchanting. Enchanting is by far the slowest craft to level, there is no 'fast' way but below are the following ways I have found to be quickest in descending order;

1. The fastest way I have found to level is as everyone knows, create your own glyphs with your own mats then trade (1 for 1, same level, same aspect) with others. This will give you the most exp because you not only get experience for making the glyph but deconstructing it as well. What you may not know is that, not only does the level of the glyph count but the aspect rune plays a major part in how much exp you get. To see the difference, check the bottom of this post.

2. Second best is if you can't find someone to trade glyphs with... Get someone else to craft the highest level/aspect glyphs they can with your mats. You will not get exp for crafting them but you will get max exp for deconstructing them. Again, you gain A LOT more exp by deconstructing a glyph made by someone else than you do for making said glyph.

3. Second last but I do not recommend doing this, deconstructing you own glyphs. If you can not trade with anyone but have already made your glyphs, I recommend having an alt hold onto them until you can trade.

4. Worst possible way to gain exp, never do this... I can't stress this enough... Deconstructing store bought glyphs. Just don't do it.

These results were tests from Vet3-5 glyphs. It looks like the experience you gain IS affected by your enchanting level, so, use this as a guide only. Do not expect the exact same experience.

Making glyphs Vs. Experience;

• White = 248.
  • Green = 995.
  • Blue = 1243.
  • Purple = 1492.
  • Gold = 1990.

Deconstructing another players glyphs (This DOES include alts.) Vs. Experience;

• White = Not yet tested.
  • Green =3981.
  • Blue = 4976.
  • Purple = 5971.
  • Gold = 7962.

Deconstructing your own glyph (Compare to above) Vs. Experience.

• White = Not yet tested.
  • Green = Not yet tested.
  • Blue = 497.
  • Purple = 597.
  • Gold = 796.

Deconstructing store bought glyph Vs. Experience.

• White = 99! Do not do this!

Updated.

Thanks for this Jim. I was trying to wrap my head around this in vain.

Cheers,

Mili

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reaper's Fall Forum Index -> Crafting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: